Types of Home Isolations
Improved thermal comfort inside the building, eliminating condensation on the interior surfaces of walls, low power consumption are the main advantages of a proper insulation.
So talk about a long term investment that will bring only benefits. But for this to be possible, you must know the main types of insulation, even if a specialist will handle their fitting.
Choosing the right insulation material depends on several aspects: type of building, the climate is the area that wants to be isolated (attic, walls, floors, etc..), And the owner’s budget.
Here are the main types of insulation:
– Cellulose fiber insulation – because of its production is considered to be an Eco insulation. Cellulose fibers used in insulation are made of newsprint. In a word, this type of insulation is based wood whose properties is known since ancient times.
– Expanded polystyrene – its fairly low cost, and ease of use have made it more popular. Expanded polystyrene can be used for straightening the walls of old buildings, giving them a good thermal insulation. It is easy to use and can be applied by anyone, without much work.
– Extruded polystyrene – is pretty cool and has a high resistance to infiltration. Although we can enumerate a list long enough advantage of this type of insulation, in fact, researchers believe that the main advantage of extruded polystyrene is not allowing water penetration to the interior.
But it is really advantageous glass wool and mineral wool. Specialists explain why choosing this material is in our favor.
Both glass mineral wool, mineral wool and works on the same principle – air capture goals to reduce the thermal conductivity of the surface to another. They are easy to install on the surface of walls and bridges and is the most cost-effective insulation solution on the market. The insulating properties of glass wool to achieve results of technology by embedding a large volume of air between the fibers continue to material, air is prevented from moving freely. It is suitable, for example, attic insulation.
Compared to other building materials, mineral wool products have a very low thermal conductivity, resistance to moisture or condensation build a stable structure over time and resistance to aging. Also, ensure proper ventilation, do not retain water and do not favor the development of microorganisms.
Advantage: polyurethane foam provides a higher thermal efficiency by 40 percent in attic insulation and the ability to appropriately reduce the thickness of the insulation.
- High power insulation: The heat transfer coefficient of 0.028 W/m2K.
- Lack of thermal sensitivity ensures maximum safety enforcement;
- Polyurethane foam spray close all pores, regardless of the base material (brick, concrete, wood)
- Thermal insulation, sound insulation and hydro attics and roofs
- Substrate breathable
- Surface can be subsequently plastered or covered with Plasterboard classic
- Thermal insulation and sealing structure in a single operation
- Isolation seamless
- Can be used for both new construction and rehabilitation of old
- Reduced thickness of the insulation, with high insulation factor
- Lightweight; this does not require additional building structure
- Resistant at temperatures between -50 ° C and +100 ° C
- High resistance to aging
- This insulation system without barriers and bridges are made cold energy savings of over 40%